Sunday, February 1, 2009

Glen's Diner on Montrose, Chicago, IL

Well, we tried to eat there. We tried to experience the hub, the buzz the thread that is about this place..only to be told "no room at the inn". Too busy was Glen's, no food did we try! Ok enough Yoda..This place does have a "force". We felt it in the few moments it took for them to tell us to leave..I really do want to like this place and I want to be able to review it for you. Till the next time.
UPDATE: We made it in. It was a Sunday. No fish specials on Sunday : ( The food was pretty good. I can see the value on the fish specials. I had crab cakes. They were ok. I have had better. Everyone else had a great meal. Marlon, Sturgeon, Salmon all good. The potatoes and asparagus that came with those meals were cooked perfectly. The clam chowder was brothy vs. over creamy (I like it that way) a lot of clams, veggies to make it good. Nice wine list and the service was very good. I could see that being an issue when they get very busy though. This particular Sunday there were a lot of families with small children there. The place seems family friendly, although I wouldn't try it on a busier night. Over all I give them 3 Triangles for food and 3 Triangles for service.

No comments: