Friday, August 19, 2011

Cooper's Hawk Naperville,IL

This is a restaurant that is part of a chain. They have been open for 3 weeks. Cooper's Hawk bills themselves as a winery and restaurant. Most of their grapes come from Sonoma Valley, Ca. The wine we sampled was ok. They have many varieties. Their menu has a lot on it. Italian dishes, American dishes like burgers etc. Our opinion is if you make everything how good can it be? Cooper's Hawk needs to fine tune their menu. What are they about? Is it the wine? Our server did not know what a zinfindel was..because she brought a white zin..shudder...If you are a regular reader of this blog you know how I feel about sauvignon blancs..their version was ok. Not bad, not great. Two of my food adventure partners chose burgers. The food was good. Asian slaw was an alternative to french fries..it was good. The fries were ok. The fries at Portillo's are better. I chose mini crab cakes. I chose poorly. The crab cakes were fishy smelling, the breading did not adhere to the crab cake and the crab was canned. The worse part was the crab cakes were swimming in a soup of mustard sauce. I hate to do this but I had to send it back. Our server was very nice..seemed to be overwhelmed but nice. One thing I did not like is when you walk in you see a wine tasting bar..and a gift store. Cracker Barrel with wine? My first impression was not good but maybe after a while Cooper's Hawk will find their legs and go for a run. Right now I think there are too many people trying to do too many things with no direction. Sorry...I will be back and give them another try.

No comments: